What dessert is better than ice cream?! Whether rich and creamy or light and fruity, ice cream can be paired with almost any dessert or eaten as a sweet in its own right. Here at NetCost Market, we’re crazy about ice cream, which is why we’ve compiled some simple yet inventive ideas to bring ice cream to the next level!
Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
This is a simple treat that’s great as a quick dessert for parties and BBQs!
You will need: ½ pint ice cream, 20 small crisp cookies, fresh raspberries.
How to make: It’s super simple! Simply sandwich small oval shaped scoops of ice cream between the cookies and serve decorated with fresh raspberries. Alternatively, you can make them and freeze for up to 3 days before serving.
Ice Cream Truffles
This great recipe makes ice cream into a fancy dessert that would not look out of place at a high society dinner. This is a great option for summer parties or as a dessert for dinner guests.
You will need: 1 pint vanilla ice cream, 10 finely chopped malt balls, 2 health bars chopped, 2 Snickers bars chopped, 5 ounce white chocolate, 5 ounce dark chocolate.
How to make:
- Line 2 small baking trays with aluminum foil and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Use a melon scoop to form small balls of the ice cream and place them on the trays, freezing them for another 30 minutes.
- Place the chopped malt balls, Snickers bars and health bars separately on small plates, and roll the ice cream balls into the toppings individually, ensuring you gently press for maximum flavor before freezing for 45 minutes.
- Melt the white and dark chocolate separately, and dip the covered ice cream balls in one of the two. Quickly freeze the balls for a further 30 minutes or until ready to serve!
Fruity Ice Cream Cups
These genius treats are great for children and adults alike! They are easy and quick, but fun too, and are perfect for sunny afternoons in the yard or around the pool.
You will need: 1 cup vanilla ice cream, ½ cup strawberry or raspberry sorbet, ½ cup mango sorbet.
How to make:
- Simply make a layer or mango sorbet and then strawberry/raspberry sorbet in a small paper cup. Top up with a larger layer of the vanilla ice cream.
- Freeze until firm and ready to serve.
Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
This yummy sweet smoothie is a great way to cool down on a hot summer’s day, and is also a nice way to get one of your daily doses of fruit. This drink mixes well with rum or bourbon whiskey, if you’re that way inclined.
You will need: 1 banana (soft and ripe), 1 heaped tbsp. peanut butter, 1 cup vanilla ice cream, 1 tsp honey, a small pinch of salt, crushed peanuts, cocktail umbrella and straws.
How to make:
- Using a tall glass, run a small amount of honey around the rim of the glass to create a sticky surface.
- Turn the glass upside down and dip it in the crushed peanuts, making a crushed peanut ring at the top of the glass.
- Next, use a smoothie maker or blender to whizz together all the ingredients until smooth, and pour it in the glass.
- Add the cocktail umbrella and straws for that extra summer jazziness!
Summer is certainly ice cream time, and taking ice cream to the next level is the best way to really add that fun energy to your summer. Try these cool ideas for alternative ways to enjoy this refreshing treat. NetCost Market has a huge array of quality and premium ice creams that will set you up for the hot weather, so head on down and see how you can make the most of this year’s treats!